Cosmetic surgery in whatever form it is, is a trademark often associated with the stars in the visual arts specifically the cinema. For one, the procedures come with a hefty price. With the death of Joan Rivers today, many would remember her for the multitude plastic augmentations she has undergone. Be it as it may, it is exacting to presume that the medical procedure has pocketed money tremendously.
From the famed and the famous personalities of Hollywood, one would be in a maze at how much does each procedure really cost. These normally exclude hospital stay, surgeon’s fees, and laboratory tests prior to surgery, prescriptions, and anesthetics. Most of the reconstructive procedures, because they are cosmetic, medical insurance won’t pay for.
Price at stake – cost of popular cosmetic surgeries in the US
- Breast Augmentation- as of 2013, the procedure commands a $ 3, 94.00 of silicone and $ 3608.00 of saline. Surveyed patients say they opted for the procedure primarily to boost self-esteem and worth.
- Liposuction- $5,975.00– procedure result is an improve appearance in the body part but cellulite and skin can regrow.
- Tummy tuck – it speaks of an average $7,800.00- takes out bulges from the abdominal area which can grow back with no proper exercise and diet.
- Rhinoplasty or nose reconstruction- $4,545.00.The bonus in this procedure is, the result normally is permanent.
- Clitoropexy- average cost is $7,500.00 more than the being embarrassed for its prominence, before one considers the procedure, he has this to be ready for- most females who went under the knife for it were charted to affirm losing sensitivity in the area while with a partner.
Implications of cost versus results
Laid out in the previous topic is money metrics involved in each reconstructive procedures. They do command a price. More than the amount, the result is what one has to guard for. Tummy tuck, liposuction in the arms, hips, and thighs are proven to have temporary outcomes predicted by diet and lifestyle.
Whether result is reversible or not, some of the procedures such as tummy tuck and liposuction will need to take a simple to a drastic diet change and exercise which could have been done prior to the conditions in the problem body areas. A questions whether some of these procedures are encouraging sedentary lifestyles is another point that needs to be looked at.